- This week I ate porridge for breakfast every day
- There is thick snow outside and it’s still snowing
- My three day plan became a five day plan
- I went for a swim for the first time in years (not counting splashing around in lakes and beaches)
- We found and lost the house of our dreams
- I decided two warm jumpers are the way to go
- When I walked out of the bathing hall at five pm, my hair still wet, it was dark. The ground was covered in a not insubstantial layer of whiteness that hadn’t been there when I went in. The clean blank footpath glinted like diamonds. Tiny, tiny flakes swarmed down. If you looked up beneath a streetlamp it seemed the air was made of glitter.