Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
many times, but not for years
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
Several. Mostly in Australia and England but also Wales. And we climbed to the top of a Norwegian fjord last summer which nearly killed us. In Austria you don’t need to climb mountains, you just jump on the cable cars…
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
ahem. to a captive lounge room audience, self-accompanied by guitar. not to be repeated, these days…
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
For two weeks straight.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
Nope, but on a couple of buses. Adelaide to Melbourne, London to Glasgow. Horrible.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
While paragliding. With Michael. Not very far.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
Twice last year, in a Norwegian lake and at a French beach.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
Well, day cruises, and overnight ferries.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
sort of. not scary rope-requiring climbing though.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
(got within twenty metres of it once)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling.
52. Kissed in the rain. (last night)
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. (once)
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (once)
62. Gone whale watching.
and seen the whales
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
from my great aunt
64. Donated blood. (once)
65. Gone sky diving. (but paragliding is better)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (this is a strange thing to have on the list)
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
Well, from a couple of specific clients when I was a care worker…
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
Nope, but some nice old ones.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
Doesn’t take much to get into the Border Watch.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
well, writers and poets and academics. when I was 19, I startled an anthropologist on a train by recognising him and swooning.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
Nope, but I’ve driven past it. And I’ve swum in the Dead Sea.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.