Some facts about me! meme
Tagged by Elsewhere. So here we go:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Half way through my second year at university (BA majoring in English). Moving house. Getting a bad dose of the flu. Making friends. Writing poetry. Stressing. Reading the bible a lot. About to turn 19, about which I have no memory whatsoever.
Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:
1. Freia milk chocolate.
2. Freia easter eggs (they come with a spoon, you eat the top off and they’re filled with yummy white stuff).
3. Freia dark chocolate with roasted sesame seeds (a new obsession).
4. Cherry ripes.
Five snacks I enjoy in the real world (erm, all of the above, when I can get my hands on them. But now for some non-chocolate alternatives…):
6. kneip brod with brown cheese
7. cashew nuts
9. brownies (ok, i was trying to be non-chocolate, really I was…)
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy houses in my favourite places. But I’m not sure more than one place would really work. I’d have to decide…
2. Travel the world with a camera, a notebook and a paraglider. Maybe we can also hire some little people to carry the paragliders up the mountains.
3. Let Michael buy lots of gadgets (and he can come along, too).
4. Help nice people out with their mortgages (yeah a little house obsessed right now).
5. Pretty much exactly what I’m doing at the moment, I think. That’s how I ended up here in the first place. I thought: if I could do anything in the world, if there were no restrictions, what would I do?
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Homecare worker (shower/dressing/toilet assistant, hair dryer, cook, house cleaner, spider catcher, clothes-washer, wheel-chair pusher, gardener, untrained hydro-therapist, masseuse, driver, shopper, film-watcher, motivator, listener, companion).
2. Pear picker.
3. Tutor for undergraduate English students.
4. Person who puts forms in alphabetical order and sorts through and discards obsolete scholarship applications.
5. Standing in a train station waving a poster for five hours, giving directions to confused medievalists.
Three of my habits:
1. Drinking tea.
2. Biting fingernails.
3. Forgetting things.
Five places I have lived:
4. Mt Gambier
5. Adelaide (Hawthorndene, Belair, Torrens Park, Kensington Gardens)
Five people I want to get to know better: (A nice way of saying TAG!)
Troppo, but she doesn’t have a blog. Sigh.
Liz, but she doesn’t have a blog either (hint hint).
The Baker and the Curry Maker (yeah I know you’re a food blog, but this is half about food, right?)
Doctor S (Not sure if these memes are really your style, but you never know…)
Librarian Idol (a meme is as good a way as any to delurk I suppose)
Thirdcat (yeah I know that’s seven not five but the first two don’t count unless they really decide to do something about it!)